Biology 1100 Study Guide for Lab Exam #2
Wednesday, 05/10 (SCC 115)
For each lab, you are expected to have read the lab manual and know the procedures.
You had answered the questions for each lab, and made any corrections during discussion at the end of the lab, so be familiar with those questions.
Some of the main concepts for each lab are listed below.
- Respiration: relationships between respiration and metabolism; role of CO2, O2, glucose, water, carbonic acid, energy molecules, pH indicator (Answer Key)
- DNA - The Master Molecule: DNA and RNA structure, DNA replication, transcription, translation (Answer Key)
- Human Genetics: alleles and inheritance, codominance and incomplete dominance, sex linkage, genotype and phenotype ratios (Answer Key)
- Mitosis and Meiosis: animal and plant mitosis, spermatogenesis and oogenesis; slide identification (Answer Key)
- Thermal Pollution: relationships between temperature, oxygen, and respiration; thermal pollution (Answer Key)
- Mark and Recapture: carrying capacity, estimating population size (Answer Key)
- Classification and Keying: dichotomous keys, classification, clades (Answer Key)
|Biology 1100 9:9
||© 2017 Biology 1100. all rights reserved. Updated: May 04, 2017.